Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Class #3 - July 7, 2010

Ok, I am going to give this another shot but I have to admit I am a little frustrated at the moment. Earlier this evening I did up my whole blog and went to publish it but ended up loosing it all except the video. I think the mistake I made was that I left it in Html and I lost my written work. I think I am good now. I just clicked publish and it worked so thankfully I have all the kinks worked out.

Today in class we began with talking about the different assessment tools used to help identify the most optimal AT device for a particular person. We looked at the MPTT and the WATI. They seem to be very intense assessments that cover all areas. They look at the user, the environment, the task and the time. For more information on the WATI look at the following link to give you a detailed description.

http://www.wati.org/?pageLoad=content/supports/free/index.php

we also had the opportunity to look at the I pod touches and the program proloquo2go. This looks like an excellent tool to help someone communicate. Having the system in front of me helped make it more meaningful to me adn I was able to lick up very quickly how it works and how to design my own templates. I look forward to having a longer time to try out this program and to design a communication device for a certain child.






No comments:

Post a Comment